Thank you to the amazing Lorrie Bowden for the nomination! I remember the day I came across her blog of inspiration and Blessitude! She has remained a favourite of mine and I can’t think of anyone I would be more honoured to receive this nomination from. She has lived such a beautiful life and creates such beautiful poetry on her blog, please visit her here if you haven’t already connected with her! Often when I read her poems I feel as if time is standing still and I am in a deep meditative state. I have such Blessitude for you Lorrie!!!!
I gratefully accept this award and in doing so here are seven interesting pieces of information about me.
Seven Interesting Things About Me
1. Before I became a Mom I produced and hosted a travel series which is still running on a few stations around the world. You can see YouTube clips of Discovering Great Towns. Great gig where I met so many inspiring souls in the Canadian Arctic, Hawaii and so many amazing communities throughout North America. A few of the interesting activities I participated in include flying in almost every type of aircraft under the sun, travelling by dog sled team to go ice fishing for Arctic Char, kayaking in the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans, a throat singing lesson from two very patient Inuit girls, participating in a traditional welcoming ceremony on the beaches of Molokai, receiving a highland fling lesson in the maritimes and fishing for Northern Pike in Great Slave Lake. Lucky lucky Lisa.
2. I am allergic to garlic and it makes it difficult to eat at restaurants. People often have a strong reaction to this information and begin muttering about how much garlic they use, listing off all the food they eat. I have come to find this very amusing; they actually seem traumatized by it.
3. As a 20 year old girl backpacking in Australia with barely any money to my name, I wondered into a new age bookstore and bought my first deck of tarot cards. And so it began….
4. I had a home birth with my second child. It was everything I imagined it would be. My sweet little baby came out and said hello and then barely cried. It was so peaceful and empowering. I wish more women today could trust in the process of child birth. No drugs, no hospital, no intervention and so much joy, empowerment and connection.
5. You know that saying, dance like no one is watching, well I do that with singing in the car. I LOVE to sing in the car. I belt it out at traffic lights, in rush hour, cruising down the highway, well anytime the mood strikes really. I feel such joy and shed so much stress in the process.
6. When I was 16 years old I got a tattoo of an octopus on my back. I love the ocean and found the octopus to be wise, elusive and graceful…all things I admired. Now I have street cred with my kids when advising them on the pros and cons of permanently inking your body….at least I hope so!
7. When I was in the Arctic, we were fortunate enough to land in a helicopter on a mountain top surrounded by thousands of caribou from the George River Caribou herd. I conducted an on-camera interview discussing the importance of their migratory routes and climate change in the north.
There are many blogs out there that inspire me and here are 15 of you who I pass this award along to. I thank you sincerely for all that you bring to my life, congratulations!
Light and love, Lisa
Please Like my BloomLisa Facebook Page by clicking the Like icon on the side bar on the right or by visiting my page by clicking here and checking it out for yourself. I post messages of inspiration and spirituality there daily. Many blessings and thanks for helping me grow my spiritually based business!