I am six months into blogging and feel absolutely huge crazy gratitude to Lori Leigh Wilson from Sharing Inspiration for nominating me for the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award“. I have checked out my fellow nominees pages and have followed quite a few of them, another huge benefit of this award!! in particular, Celeste from Honk if You’re Vegan is amazing and we have had some lovely interactions all because of you!
The rules for accepting the Very Inspiring Blogger Award are as follows:
- Display the Award Certificate on your website.
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented you with the award.
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers.
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you have linked them in the post.
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
Here we go, 7 interesting things about myself:
1. Before I became a Mom I produced and hosted a travel series which is still running on stations around the world. You can see YouTube clips of Discovering Great Towns. Great gig!
2. I recently bought my first car after being a good commuter for many years. I love to sing at the top of my lungs as I commute. Even at red lights. Apparently I have 2 decades worth of pent up karaoke energy in me and it feels awesome to let it out!
3. I have planted my first vegetable garden this year of kale, rainbow chard, beets, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, greens beans and herbs. It is a container garden and it appears to be a blooming success!! Who new I actually had a green thumb? Thank you to the amazing documentary, Queen of the Sun for the inspiration.
4. I am allergic to garlic and it makes it difficult to eat at restaurants and peoples homes. People often have a strong reaction to this information and begin muttering about how much garlic they use, listing off all the food they eat. I have come to find this very amusing; they actually seem traumatized by it.
5. My sister gave me a Saint Christopher medallion before I went back packing in Australia all by myself at the age of 20. It is one of the possessions I have managed to hold on through many travels and years. I keep it in my purse at all times. I don’t believe she knows.
6. When I was 16 years old I got a tattoo of an octopus on my back. I love the ocean and found the octopus to be wise, elusive and graceful…all things I admired. Now I have street cred with my kids when advising them on the pros and cons of permanently inking your body….I hope!
7. I went to the Artic and landed in a helicopter on a mountain top and was surrounded by thousands of caribou from the George River Caribou herd. I then proceeded to do an interview, very special, unique & absolutely unforgettable.
15 Deserving Bloggers
4. Land Of Fun
7. kate stull
12. REACHING UTOPIA
14. Avatar I Am
Thanks again Lori, I feel such gratitude to you! This blog has become my third child and it such wonderful encouragement to receive this award from you! Light & love to all and I look forward to reading more inspirational blog posts from all of you.